História com fim

17 de set de 2009

“História com Fim” foi o que me inspirou e me deu forças para relembrar e escrever sobre o homem mais sonhador que conheci, apresento-lhes meu avô.

PS: Renan, sua história com fim realmente tocou meu coração.birdEagle

 

When my grandpa was alive he used to compare me to an Eagle. Yes, the eagle animal. Not that I was ugly, well maybe I was. God Damn it! I was an ugly child, anyway I got better as a grew older at least.

 

I was 5, grandpa used to tell me amazing histories that he claimed to be true. I can even hear his musical voice in my ears as I type.

I remember that sometimes in the middle of the history I yelled:

- Grandpa, Can I be the princess?

- Of course darling, you can be whoever you want to be.

 

He taught me how the play the guitar, I mean he tried to teach me, I was a good student , though what I liked the most was to sing while he played, Christmas Eve and there we were…playing and singing to the whole family and that kept happening till my earliest eighteen.

I’ve always dreamed to be a doctor so I could heal people. I remember crying to grandpa saying that Medicine school was impossible and we couldn’t afford to pay…he gazed me and said:

- You can be whoever you want to be, remember? Don't give up cause I won’t ever give up on you.

 

 

We were very close, and intimate. He believed me until the end. He always have. For some reason I felt favorite and I really was.

-Grandpa, why do I feel that I always want something else, isn't never going to be enough?

- That is the magic of life sweetie, we will always being searching for more, if you had it all, life wouldn’t make sense.

 

Grandpa taught me that the eagle is the most incredible animal due it's courage, and when the eagle is about to die, it flies to the highest mountain, beat down its beak, wait 6 months to regrow it, and then chew off talons, pluck out chest feathers to better hunt and therefore prolong life. I couldn't understand why he compared me to it but I can now.

For some reason that inspire me to fight for my dreams, search all around the world for happiness if I have to, face the pain and weakness with courage, strengthen.

Maybe this is a myth, I can’t tell, but one thing I am certainly about it - this has changed who I am forever.

 

I was the last one to to see him before he died. He couldn’t speak neither move but before I leave he gave me that same look and spoke throught his eyes:

“ You can be whoever you wont to be, my eagle”


Share/Bookmark

6 comentários:

Renan Barreto disse... Responder

Well if you wanna make me cry, you got it... I respect very much the elders. They know so much and they are still children. They talk to you as they were. My Grandma used to talk to me about her youth. She talked to me about everything and told me I was going to be a great man someday, maybe everything I do is to show her I can be whoever I wanna be. I was her favourite grandson. She loved so much... But as every single living thing she died. It's natural, but hard to accept. I sometimes drem of her and even talk to her in my dreams. But when I wake up she's gone, just like that. Like she exists no more, but she is still inside of me. And you were your granpa's eagle, maybe I was my grandma's eagle. I don't want to write anymore.. She meant a lot to me... I can barely write. All the people that are important to us that died, died only in a matter of speaking, because they are still alive in our memories and hearts...

So, see ya...

PS: I am happy you have thought about your life reading that text...

...

Leandro Correa disse... Responder

So, as he has commented in english, here I am...
You text was touching, and it show me things I had forgot for some times, my grandparents has been gone for kinda 3 years. I just have my father's stepmother, and she's so nice to me, you can't imagine.

Older people have the known the youngest will learn just with the time.

See you anytime. All be here as soon as I can.

meus instantes e momentos disse... Responder

I don't speak english, unfortunately
happy weekend
Maurizio

Angel disse... Responder

Oi Dayane... que ótimo que tu gostou do meu texto
obrigado pelo teu comentário e apareça mais vezes la
beijos e um ótimo fim de semana pra ti!

Kaio Rafael, disse... Responder

Ahh, achei isso aqui tudo lindo demais! *-*'

"Grandpa taught me that the eagle is the most incredible animal due it's courage, and when the eagle is about to die, it flies to the highest mountain, beat down its beak, wait 6 months to regrow it, and then chew off talons, pluck out chest feathers to better hunt and therefore prolong life (...)"

*-*'

Estou sem tempo pra um comentário decente,
mas juro que retornarei,

beijo. ;*

Leandro Correa disse... Responder

Eu gosto de Crepúsculo, mesmo. Não digo que é meu livro favorito, mas é um deles. Gosto de romances.
So li até amanhecer. Não peguei Midnight Sun na web.

Agora to lendo 4 livros: As Crônicas de Nárnia, Blogging Heroes, Os Contos de Beadlle O Bardo e Código de Defesa do Consumidor. Todos muito bons.

Um beijo, Lê.

Postar um comentário